This is the gear we recommend you use while out in the field. We've either owned and used it ourselves or we have close hunting friends we trust that swear by it. Unfortunately some of our favorite items are no longer offered so in those instances we've included items that we feel are the closest things to the ones we've loved in the past.
Of course you could buy any of this gear and more by clicking the links below and some of them will help support Feed Bandit (see our Affiliate Disclosures) but we strongly encourage you whenever possible to buy the gear you need through your favorite feed or hunting supply store near your land.
Feed Bandit's mission is to support small and family owned feed and hunting gear suppliers and your patronage of these businesses is their life blood. The more you buy from them the longer they'll be around to supply all your hunting feed and supply needs when and where you need them. Thank you!
Constructed from thick-walled polyethylene, American Hunter® FeederMax® Game Feeder Funnels direct grain to the center, allowing feed to be dispensed without spoilage.
This easy open lid from American Hunter® eliminates standing water and holds itself on side of feeder when filling. Fits 55 gallon feeders. Includes mounting hardware.
This 3” Deep, Galvanized Steel Slip-On Lid for a 55-gallon feeder is very practical. Its heavy 9 lb. weight is enough to ensure that wind, rain and critters can’t remove it and get to the feed. Fits most 55-gallon drums. Constructed of 18-gauge Galvanized steel. Size: 23-3/4” Inside diameter x 3” Deep. Made in USA.
The American Hunter® FeederMax® Digital Feeder Timer Kit is easy to install and use on most feeders. All-metal construction features a round metal ”scooped” slinger plate to resist wind and grain trickle. High-torque industrial motor. Adjustable feed rate of 1-30 seconds; runs on 6V or 12V power. Feeds 1-16 times per day, on fixed or variable days.
- High-torque, low-energy motor
- Adjustable feed rate
- Built-in vertical varmint guard that prevents unwanted critters
- Easy installation
- Fits most sizes and styles of feed containers
- 6V operation (battery not included)
- Durable construction
- Powder-coated ”No-Blo” metal slinger plate
- Analog clock timer
- Feeds 1-24 times a day with adjustable feed rate of 1-30 seconds
The Moultrie® Digital Game Feeder Timer replaces or upgrades photocell and timer kits; installs quickly and easily. Programmable to-the-minute and 6 feed times; customizable feed amounts; weather-resistent casing.
This drum-mount 12V Solar Panel for Feeders comes already assembled, complete with mounting bracket, hardware and wire guard varmint shield. Wire nuts have Boss Buck’s exclusive thumb bolts for tool free mounting of wire guard to the control box. Wire guard is 28” long with 1/4” conduit covering wires. Size: 6-5/6” x 5-1/2”, 70 MA, 1.26 watts.
The Varmint/Coon Cage Guard from Boss Buck folds for easy storage and transport. Trigger Clips on front panel allow it to drop down, allowing easy access to your feeder’s timer and battery. Comes complete with mounting brackets and 6 self-tapping screws. Outer wire: 4mm. Inside wire: 2.5mm. Size: 14” x 14”. Fits 30 and 55 gallon drums. Made in USA.
NOTE: The (5.44) will fit drums and other FLAT BOTTOM feeder manufacturers as shown in the picture above. Please note that this varmint cage will NOT fit on a Boss Buck Feeder.
- 14MP Clearer Image + 1080P Sharper Video Resolution
- Faster 0.3s Trigger Speed
- Excellent Sensitivity and Night Vision with 3 PIR
- 120° Wide Angle Lens + Waterproof Sturdy Device
- Easy to Operate + Multiple Applications
DIY Feeder Parts
- Build your own feeder with any 55 gallon drum
- Easily installs in minutes
- Mount the feeder legs without drilling holes
- Accepts pipe from 1 1/4″ID and larger
- Open-head drum can be used to store and transport hazardous solids or liquids
- Made of carbon steel, which is resistant to impacts and wear
- Comes with removable cover and bolt ring to secure lid to drum; EPDM gasket helps prevent leaks and resists heat, water, and wear
- Has 55-gallon storage capacity; weighs 48 lb.; measures 33″ high and 22-1/2″ in diameter
- Meets ASTM International criteria for carbon steel